Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farmers Market Visit.


1.) What is your name and your role here at the Farmers Market?
"My name is Jacob, and I am a sales man."
2.) Why do you choose to sell here?
"I sell here because it's my job, and this is where they send me to work. Sometimes they have me sell at other locations."
3.) When did you first start selling here?
"I first started selling freshly and organic foods around three and a half years ago."
4.) Do you garden at home?
"I own a small garden of my own at my house, but it's not a really big one. Only just a few plants."
5.) What would be your advice to get others to do what you do? Or like would you advice them to eat organic?
"Yes, I would advice people to eat and buy organic foods. Organic is always better other then foods that go through along process because organic foods and fresh foods have a better taste and there are no chemicals in them."


*My Reflection*
1. What struck me about the Farmers Market was how many people were there, I didn't think there where going to be that much people there. Also as I was walking around and you see the sellers talking to the buyers and helping them out they were really interacted with them and they weren't rude or anything. They all seamed really happy.

2. Which items were cheaper than you expected? Which were more expensive?
To me I didn't find that there was a certain item that was more expensive or more cheaper. I think all the prices were around the same price at stores.

3. Do you think you will start going to a farmers market more often? Or using a community garden? Or supporting a CSA?
If it was my choice i think i would because when I went to the farmers market the fruit and everything the seam and look way more better the ones that you buy at a store. But going to a store takes more time.

4. How do these locations fit into our essential questions of "Why Don't People Live More Sustainably?" and "How Can I Convince them to do So?"
Because to live more sustainable it cost more, and people don't have money for that. they can't afford to live better that's why they buy the cheeps stuff instead or starving themselves.

6 comments:

  1. I loved that you noticed that all the people at the Farmer's Market were happy! I noticed that when I went to the Farmer's Market as well. It made me think when he said that there were no chemicals in organic products. I was always curious how they kept the bugs and other stuff off their crops. Makes you wonder right? I also love how you kind of made a reference to Food Inc. by including that people that might not be able to afford better food should still buy cheaper food instead of healthier food because that's better than starving. A good reference to end your reflection on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the exact same thing when I was on my way to the farmers market all I was thinking about was there are ganna be like 10 people there but when I got there ther was alot more people then I thought. Looks like u had a really nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Haley's comment, I enjoyed the fact that you noticed that the people were happy. Another thing that I liked and that I can relate to was the fact that you noticed that there were more people at the Farmer's Market than you expected. When I went to the Farmer's Market, I didn't expect many people there either. One thing that made me think was when he said that organic foods have better taste because it really made me wonder how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adriana,

    I liked how you noticed that the items were all around the same price range because I think that's the great thing about farmers markets. Also I liked that you noticed that people were really happy to be there because where I went they were all happy too.

    What struck me was how you put that it costs more to be sustainable and that's why it's not being as popular as it should be. I think that if more people spent a bit extra it would become cheaper overtime.

    Your blog post was detailed and it gave a good view of a farmers market experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree how you think about only people that are wealthy can have a sustainably living, liked they showed in food inc. I also noticed that the prices are kind of the same in stores than in a farmers market, there wasent much of a diffrence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how in your response you said everyone seemed really happy and i agree with you on that. When ever i go it seems to be that people are generally very happy in farmers markets.

    ReplyDelete